Sunday, April 17, 2011

BFF's fo lyfe

My BFF, Tralfy
     Tralfy and I go wayyy back, we've been diaper buddies for as long as I can remember and my favorite memory of us is me high-five-ing him, forgetting that that was his face...this happened more than once.
...Hopefully you realized that this has never happened and never will. But it's too bad, because I was gonna start slapping people and use the excuse that all I did was high-five their face.
...Just kidding, all jokes aside, I think that if Tralfamadorians were real, we'd get along pretty well. Tralfy would be the type of friend who I could go to for advice. If I lose someone who was really special to me, Tralfy would remind me that that person is perfectly fine in every other moment, just not this particular one. It probably sounds ridiculous believing in this piece of "advice." The truth is, I don't. I'm not taking this literally or word for word. I interpret that "advice" as believing that that person is still with me in every moment that I live in.
     Tralfy's vocabulary only consists of deep, thought-provoking phrases, so this will probably confuse the heck out of me at times, but also be helpful as well. Tralfy would help me see the world and my life in a new, abstract perspective so that I'll never view things just the way that I want to see it. Tralfy would broaden my vision of the world, expand my horizons, help me do things I never thought I could achieve in life...just by talking.
I am a Tralfamadorian, seeing all time as you might see a stretch of the rocky mountains. All time is all time. It does not change. It does not lend itself to warnings or explanations. It simply is.
-Tralfy



1 comment: