Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Lazy Song


     I want people to wake up. To wake up and see the permanent indents of their own behinds on their couches. Face it, our society is lazy. I bet if you take a handful of average people from my generation and throw them into the "outside world" with an abundance of trees and no electricity, they'd crack. Now, I don't want to sound hypocritical because honestly, this is my generation and I'm a lazy person too. There's always going to be those days, no matter who you are or when you were born, when you "don't feel like doin' anything" and you "just wanna lay in your bed." That's normal and a part of life. However, what makes it worse is that it was never always like this. Life was different back then. I mean, walking itself was a means of transportation and nowadays people are driving to go to their neighbor's. So much has changed and we've become ignorant.
     What I'm trying to lead into is that if I were to ever write a novel, it would be dripping with satire. I would target all the big problems in today's society (such as the increasing couch potato rate) by mocking them. I want my novel to trigger a reaction that opens peoples' eyes to see forreal-ity...just kidding, but you know what I mean.
     Laziness isn't the only thing I'm going to be satirical about in my novel. I have to backtrack a few steps and find out how we got this lazy in the first place! The answer? Technology. Development, research, inventions, updates, it's crazy. Especially with all the modern-day inventions people are coming up with just to "make our lives easier." For example,
Since it's so difficult to dunk a tea bag in water.
or even
Since it's too much work to bend down and lift a toilet seat.
You see what I mean. Our minds and bodies are conforming to this world way too nicely, it's like we lost our dignity. Other authors would also agree with me:
There are millions of these types of satirical cartoons about this same topic of technology leading to laziness. What better way to reveal public problems than to do it by getting a laugh out of them. You'll hold their attention and they won't brush it off as a joke, because they'll be able to relate to what I'm talking about.

     Just to end this off, I thought I'd add in this one last picture. It's pretty irrelevant, but it falls under the topic of inventions.
I want one!

No comments:

Post a Comment